This morning a tragedy has happened in Connecticut. A shooting rampage has occurred at an elementary school there and current reports state that 27 people, including 18 children are dead, with an entire classroom still unaccounted for.
At this time the editorial staff of AVfM extends their deepest sympathies to the victims of this tragedy.
We are also unfortunately forced to pause and consider that elements in the feminist community will, as they have done historically, attempt to spin this horrific incident into something inspired by or connected to the MRM.
We urge MRAs not to react to this kind of provocation, and to just focus our attentions and sympathies on the victims of this sad event.
Paul Elam, on behalf of the editorial staff of AVfM
Addendum: After encouragement from a long time reader who commented for the first time, suggesting that I close comments on this thread, I am forced to agree. By the time he made the comment, David Futrelle was already using comments from the thread in order to push his lies, standing on the bodies of those dead children and over the sobbing of their traumatized, grieving parents.
With apologies to readers, I cannot enable that any further. Comments are closed.
- The single most humiliating moment in Jessica Valenti’s public life - August 26, 2015
- I made the top 10 at Houston Press, barely. I have been cheated! - August 19, 2015
- Time for a National Whore’s Day or something - August 14, 2015
- Don’t mistake my nonviolence for pacifism - August 9, 2015
- AVfM Classics: the myth of women’s oppression - August 4, 2015