Last Wednesday Mike Buchanan’s Justice for Men and Boys (and the women who love them) held a protest in London about the failure of the police and Crown Prosecution Service (see Alison Saunders) to prosecute those who criminally assault and mutilate infant boys with the procedure euphemistically known circumcision.
According to the group, they protested outside the Home Office because, “[P]olice are accountable to the Home Office, and ultimately Theresa ‘this is what a feminist looks like’ May MP, Home Secretary.”
Subsequent to the Home Office demonstration, they moved to protest to Parliament Square. During that part of the protest, J4MB’s founder and leader, Mike Buchanan, stepped directly into the traffic right of way, holding two signs.
After being called out of the traffic lane by police, he was cautioned to not return to the roadway and told that he would be arrested if he did so. Mike, promptly returned to the roadway and was arrested.
The reports we have indicate that police were very professional and well mannered, as is traditional for law enforcement in the UK.
A Voice for Men salutes Mike Buchanan for this principled act of civil disobedience and we hope that it signals a trend of similar acts in the name of advocacy for men and boys.
- 18 truths about #Charlottesville - August 20, 2017
- For real love to arise, romantic love must die: Part three - August 15, 2017
- For real love to arise, romantic love must die. Part two - August 13, 2017
- A word between men from Paul - August 9, 2017
- For real love to arise, romantic love must die. Part one. - August 8, 2017