Mary Koss is the feminist researcher behind the factoid that one in four women will be raped in her lifetime.
In Mary Koss’s original survey only one in sixteen women said “yes” to “have you been raped?”
So how did she get her one in four number?
By asking women “have you ever been physically forced to have sex or have had sex under the influence of drugs or alcohol” and disregarding if they said that they hadn’t been raped
If you’re a woman and you don’t think you’re raped, you don’t get to decide that, Mary Koss does.
And if you’re a man and you think you were raped, well… Mary Koss has news for you!
Join us tonight on Honey Badger Radio as we discuss Mary Koss and the American Rape Machine.
Show time is at 8 PM Central Time right here.
- No Man’s Land radio discusses male rape fairly and objectively - May 14, 2015
- When did you wake up? With Erin Pizzey: Karen Woodall of Family Separation Clinic - January 31, 2015
- Tales from the Infrared: It’s Alive! - October 18, 2013
- Revelations with Erin Pizzey - October 11, 2013
- Honey Badger Radio: Speshul Snowflakes - October 10, 2013