Fresh from a successful ICMI17 in Australia, J4MB and AVfM invite applications from people with a potential interest in hosting and managing ICMI18. While some experience of organizing and running conferences would be an advantage, it’s not vital. Guidance and limited support will be available from the people who organized and ran the first three ICMIs. Key requirements for ICMI18:
Location: A city with a mainly English-speaking population. This includes cities where English may not be the first language of the population, but a majority have good fluency in English.
Airport: Within reasonable driving distance, public transport links between airport and city
Venue: Capable of holding 200 – 500 attendees, ideally a venue which can be ‘locked down’ in security terms
Dates: In June or July 2018, over a long weekend (Friday – Monday)
Organizers: People with a track record of being active in the men’s issues field
Administration: A considerable amount of time is required to handle all the work involved in an ICMI, both during the conference and over the six months preceding it.
Speakers: To be agreed between the conference organizers, J4MB, and AVfM.
The decision on the city which will host ICMI18, and the people who will do so, will be made jointly between J4MB and AVfM.
- Deadline for applications – 17:00 GMT, 28 July, 2017. An email attachment sent to Mike Buchanan (below) will be acceptable
- The more detailed the application, the higher the prospect of success. As a minimum, the issues above (location, airport, venue – with hire costs, dates, organizers, administration) must be covered. The organizers will need to make such changes to the conference website as are necessary over time.
- All communications to be held with Mike Buchanan of J4MB – email@example.com, (+44)7967 026163. Feel free to communicate with him with immediate effect (09:00 – 19:00 GMT, Monday – Friday)
- It is anticipated that a final decision will be made and announced by 8 September. Please supply contact details of one person for any talks that are required between 28 July and 8 September.
- Red pill isolation - June 24, 2017
- Rachel Corbett, The Red Pill and zombie journalism Down Under - June 19, 2017
- How to spot a borderline from a mile away - June 17, 2017
- Dogs: setting the bar for humans for 30,000 years - June 17, 2017
- Welcome to the rebirth of A Voice for Men - June 14, 2017