Temple Street Children’s University Hospital and it’s CEO Mona Baker have been placed on the “Known Genital Mutilators” directory at neonatalcutting.org.
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital is a two-faced institution that claims it will “put the experience & voice of the child at the centre of how services are designed and delivered,” but at the same time commits genital mutilation on those same infants.
insincere and deceitful.
synonyms: deceitful, insincere, double-dealing, Janus-faced, hypocritical, backstabbing, false, fickle, untrustworthy, duplicitous, deceiving, dissembling, dishonest, disloyal, treacherous, faithless, traitorous, cheating, lying, weaselly”
One face says they put the care and welfare of the child front and center, the other face ignores their own Statement of Strategic Intent and forces many of those children to be sexually abused and mutilated. Temple knowingly ignores these facts:
- no medical organization recommends routine circumcision
- there are many risks involved, including a lifetime of pain, disfigurement, and death
- 100% of these babies lose normal sexual function and pleasure
- 100% of these babies have bleeding and scarring
- unequal protection of female babies vs. male babies
- violates your Hippocratic Oath, “First do no harm” (maybe they have this confused with hypocrisy)
- studies have shown this traumatizes the infant and damages his immature nervous system
- permanent elective surgery requires informed consent by the actual patient, especially an amputation of a normal body part (this is not “the repair of a hernia, hydrocele, correction of undescended testis, … or excision of minor lump” see below)
- infant genital mutilation is a human rights violation as outlined by the United Nations, and is most likely illegal in most countries
- Germany and Norway’s recent attempts (among others) to ban MGM for many of the reasons outlined above
- the worldwide intactivist movement to ban all forms of infant genital mutilation
“Two-faced” is just one way to describe people who’s Strategic Intent is to “put the experience & voice of the child at the centre” and then go ahead and mutilate those children’s genitals for no medical reason, and certainly without the child’s voice being heard.
We read under “Mission, Ethos & Values:”
We pledge ourselves to reverence the dignity of human life at every level of its existence, believing that every person is made in the image of God. We respect the basic human rights of all persons and treat patients and their families, colleagues and all those who collaborate with us with respect, dignity and professionalism.
We exercise responsible stewardship by providing an equitable, efficient service, always mindful of the most vulnerable and advocating on their behalf when resources are required to meet their needs appropriately.
These doctors know that Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is wrong, and the law and common decency tells us not to allow it. Then why would the same revolting procedure be allowed, promoted and profited from at the expense of unconsenting baby boys? Your very own mission statement compels you to provide “an equitable service,” yet you treat infant boys and girls very differently. That makes these practices two-faced, unethical, immoral, and inequitable.
I usually name the names of the actual genital mutilators along with their picture, however here at Temple Street I have no idea whom actually does the cutting. I suspect the cutters to be underlings at the hospital whom are forced to do it under threat of discipline. I’m pretty sure the CEO and the board of directors keep their hands clean of this bloody act, but their hands are by far the bloodiest.
What you’re doing is just wrong, and obviously a violation of civil and human rights.
And who is responsible for this deception? Under “Corporate Structure” we have the answer:
Individual with overall
accountability – CEO Mona Baker
Board of Directors, TSCUH
Sean Sheehan (Chairman)
Ms Mona Baker (CEO)
Ms Siobhan Brady
Mr John Caird
Ms Mary Cullen
Ms Grainne Bauer (Director of Nursing)
Dr Michael Drumm
Mr John Fitzpatrick (Finance Director)
Mr Fionn MacCumhaill
Mr Derek McGrath
Mr Frank McManus
Ms Aveen Murray
Sr Margherita Rock
So, it’s CEO Mona Baker and the above Board of Directors who are ultimately responsible for these genital mutilations, more so than the underlings they direct to perform their bloody deeds.
Under “Paediatric Surgery” we see:
Paediatric Surgery consists of six main categories:
• Neonatal surgery – this involves the surgical correction of congenital abnormalities in the newborn period
• The surgical management of children with rare conditions that require specialist expertise – some children have unusual conditions (e.g. cystic hygromas or Hirschsprung’s disease which require specialist care
• Management of children who have complex medical conditions – some children have other medical problems that might complicate surgery or make it more hazardous (e.g. poorly controlled diabetes or heart problems) and these children might need to be referred to a specialist centre, like Temple Street, even for minor surgery if their condition becomes serious
• Paediatric urology – this encompasses surgery on the renal and reproductive tracts of children
• Adolescent and young people’s surgery
• General paediatric surgery – this refers to the surgery of relatively common conditions that do not usually require a specialist unit. These conditions can either be elective e.g. the repair of a hernia, hydrocele, correction of undescended testis, circumcision, or excision of minor lumps. Alternatively, the operations may be emergency procedures e.g. appendicectomy, or torsion of testis
ALL of the above procedures seek to correct or treat a disease or condition EXCEPT circumcision. Imagine this amended listing for General pediatric surgery above:
…These conditions can either be elective e.g. the repair of a hernia, hydrocele, correction of undescended testis, circumcision, or excision of minor lumps. You may also chose to excise your daughter’s labia from her vagina here at the centre.
Again, which of the following procedures have nothing to do to improve health or cure disease?:
Surgery Related Leaflets
Care After Your Child’s Circumcision
Care After Your Child’s Hernia Repair
Care After Your Child’s Hydrocele Operation
Care After Your Child’s Undescended Testes (Orchidopexy) Operation
Surgery. How to Care for a Child’s Wound
Temple says they want to know what you think, so if you have a minute why don’t you tell them by sending them a link to this article along with your comments.
Temple’s contact information follows:
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
Temple Street Dublin 1
Tel.: +353 1 878 4200
CEO Mona Baker 01 878 4230/ 01 878 4232
— gary costanza (@jerrytheother) July 25, 2017
- Dr. Altaf Mangera of Coventry, UK, “Known Genital Mutilator” - September 30, 2017
- If it’s not your penis, shut up and sit down, you have no say – and doctors, drop your weapon - August 28, 2017
- Temple Street Children’s University Hospital in Dublin, Ireland, two-faced “Known Genital Mutilators” - July 21, 2017
- Dr. Jeff Tarr of Sippy Downs, AU “Known Genital Mutilator” - June 22, 2017
- Groundbreaking documentary: “American Circumcision” - June 19, 2017