MEDIA ADVISORY – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Campaign to Establish Toronto’s First Men’s Centre Receives Leading Donation
Canadian Association for Equality Announces “Founder’s Club” for $5,000 Level Donors.
TORONTO, ONTARIO — (July 22, 2013) The fundraising campaign to establish the Canadian Centre for Men and Families – Toronto’s first space focused on the status and well-being of boys and men – has received a leading donation of $5,000, bringing its total funds raised to $9,500 in its first month of fundraising.
“While modest by the standard of large and powerful charities, this donation to a unique project in support of a cause some dismiss as unnecessary, or even hateful, demonstrates an awareness of the crisis facing boys and men and is an important step toward the acknowledgement of the value of this Campaign,” said Michael Cavanaugh, Communications Director for the Canadian Association for Equality (CAFE), the nonprofit leading the project.
In recognition of this donation and to encourage matching support, CAFE has launched the Founder’s Club for donors at the $5,000 level.
“Founder’s Club members will play a critical role in the creation, sustainability and success of the Canadian Centre for Men and Families,” said Cavanaugh. “Through financial contributions, consultative support and networking opportunities, our Founders Club will help us increase our public education, social services, advocacy, research and outreach capabilities on behalf of boys, men, fathers and their families.” Founder’s Club members will enjoy special recognition and engagement.
Information on the Campaign to Establish the Canadian Centre for Men
and Families and the Founder’s Club is available at:
Canadian Association for Equality
- Update: Man told he owes $100,000 by Virginia Beach judge is now officialy on the run - September 3, 2014
- AVFM Exclusive: Documentation of Title IX complaint against Emerson College surfaces, questionable accusations abound - June 19, 2014
- Title IX legal Expert Brett Sokolow on sexual misconduct cases and DOJ/DOE directives - May 11, 2014
- Stollznow accuses Radford of “Recruiting” AVFM to continue his harassment - April 14, 2014
- Radford vs. Stollznow: Tempest in the Skeptic Community - April 7, 2014