The Men’s Human Rights Movement (MHRM) is a complicated and often misunderstood social phenomenon. We address a wide variety of issues that affect men and boys — and ultimately women, as well as the culture as a whole. Additionally, there is a great deal of disinformation about this movement on the internet and in the mainstream media.
With that in mind, we suggest some or all of the following reading materials, as a simple mission statement is not sufficient to fully explain our purpose and objectives.
The short list:
- How we sell this movement
- A will to do harm
- Human rights activism is now a blood-sport
- Indoctrination in the Duluth Model for continued harm
- Men’s rights are [NOT] human rights, apparently
The longer list:
This list of articles mirrors the “featured articles” section of the site found on the home page. This is a reading list providing what AVfM’s editorial board regards as a deeper introduction to the concerns of the MRM (Men’s Rights Movement).
- The Voices of men
- Setting the record straight
- A catalog of cruelty
- My road from blue pill to red
- How to slap your way to slavery
- What they really think of male feminists
- One accusation
- Where is the counter argument?
- Seven bricks in the misandric wall
- The ugly truth about trust
- So what is a Zeta Male anyway?
- Are you waging a war on men?
- Why masculinity does not need to be changed
- Legally obscene
- On jury nullification and rape
- How we kill Johnny
- The plague of modern masculinity
- The myth of women’s oppression
It is the mission of A Voice for Men to:
- Promote the dissemination of information that will expose misandry and gender-centrism on all levels in our culture;
- Oppose any form of gender-centrism. We propose to foster the equal valuing of men and women socially, regardless of sexual orientation and identity, as well as their equal treatment under the law;
- Recognize the institution of marriage and the family unit as the foundation of civilized society. However, we support the trend away from that institution until the current legal zeitgeist making it unsafe for men and children is corrected. We support an end to “no fault” divorce and support default shared physical and legal custody in the event of divorce. We seek to promote awareness of information designed to protect men and fathers who are already married;
- Promote a rejection of sex based chivalry in any form or fashion.
- Promote the legal and nonviolent antagonism of all agents of misandry and gender-centrism, from members of academe, to holders of public office, to law enforcement and other state functionaries, to popular bloggers and to corporate agents who promote misandry and gender-centism for profit;
- Support peaceful acts of civil disobedience when necessary;
- Educate men, women, girls and boys about the threats they face in feminist governance and to promote an end to that governance;
- Debunk sex based lies and distortions wherever they occur;
- Offer a more reasoned, cogent and intellectually honest view of sexual politics;
- Address the variety of problems faced by men and boys under feminist governance and attempt to ameliorate those problems;
- Push for an end to rape hysteria, domestic violence hysteria and false allegations;
- Promote a culture that values equal treatment under the law for all human beings;
- Facilitate a new social contract between men and women, leading to mutual respect, accountability and expectation.
- AVFM’s sole ideology is compassion for men and boys that is equal to that of women and any other identified group.
- AVfM regards gender ideologues and all other agents of misandry as a social malignancy. We do not consider them well intentioned or honest agents for their purported goals and extend to them no more courtesy or consideration than we would klansmen, skinheads, neo Nazi’s or other purveyors of hate. We will educate them where they are willing to learn, but hold them accountable for their ignorance as much as their actions;
- We take no side at all in partisan political struggles and, after weighing the evidence at hand, generally view all organized mainstream political options as gynocentric;
- We support and endorse only non-violent reactions to feminist governance and in fact are trying to prevent future acts of violence that feminist governance has already inspired;
- We oppose all state authority over or interference in the private lives of consenting adults engaged in any form of interpersonal relationship;
- We take no stand on religion or lack of religion. We neither endorse nor oppose religious principles.
For more information, individuals in the United States contact Paul Elam at email@example.com.