This is a classic example of someone who has the power to fix a problem, but, instead, through his inaction, allows the corrupt West Virginia Family Law Court system to destroy thousands of innocent lives:
West Virginia Speaker Timothy “Tim” Miley, (D), is in a great position to reform the broken family law system. Instead, he’s playing ignorant while rolling out the tired “hand over the camera lens” stunt when questioned about his political inaction.
For months Miley has been aware of proposals to clean up West Virginia’s “Judicial Hellhole” including the family law system. In recent weeks Miley has been ducking telephone calls about the important issue.
Miley can duck, but he can’t hide.
Monday night, February 24th, 2014, PutnamLIVE.com met Miley on his home turf. We drove to the West Virginia Capitol, in Charleston, and stunned the speaker by walking right up to his podium and asking why he hasn’t taken the important steps toward Family Law Court reform in West Virginia. It may be the first time a House Speaker has been Ambush Interviewed at his podium.
Ever the politician, Miley claims he hasn’t seen the proposals. He didn’t answer about not opening his email. And he didn’t tell anyone why he hasn’t returned our telephone calls. He also didn’t offer to meet with Family Law Reform proponents to hammer out emergency legislation to solve the problem.
Instead, Miley repeatedly put his hand over our video camera’s lens and asked PutnamLIVE.com to leave. We did. But the broken West Virginia Family Law system remains behind, along with Miley-if he manages to get re-elected in November. Fathers have a huge say in that matter. And we’re betting they won’t be voting for Miley-especially after watching our video.
“It’s amazing that they won’t fix the broken Family Law Courts,” says PutnamLIVE.com’s Publisher Mark Hallburn, a single father. “Many politicians are divorced fathers. Regardless of their marital status, most of them are fathers. They know about the problems. Yet they sit back and watch children and fathers being abused. It’s disgraceful!”
When jackass politicians like Tim Miley show their arrogance and ignorance, chidlren lose.
Here is a list of the proposals that Miley is ignoring:
1) Temporary orders must be subject to immediate appeal.
2) Reporters must be allowed in Family Court rooms.
3) All public officials must be subject to recall.
4) Two year terms for all judges.
5) Child custody decisions made by juries of parents.
6) Judicial Investigation Commission is made up of civilians instead of judges. Full time employees, meet weekly on each case. 10 days to file charges.
7) All judicial complaints become public record.
8) All orders are stayed until appeal is decided.
9) Temporary orders have a 10 day limit.
10) BOTH parents must take psych exam.
11) If psych exam isn’t taken, that person automatically loses custody.
12) Rules 5, 11, and 17 are nullified.
13) All court pleadings, appeals, recusals, etc., must be acceptable in plain English.
14) No judicial immunity.
15) Judges may be removed from case automatically upon recusal request.
16) If judge is sued by a litigant, automatic recusal.
17) Automatic 50-50 joint custody if that was situation prior to divorce/separation.
18) If a partner is removed from the home, settlement is made on day of removal.
19) Any judge that violates a court rule is automatically disqualified.
20) Citizens may start impeachment proceedings with automatic legislative session triggered by impeachment filing.
21) Unless child abuse can be proven, each spouse may take child out-of-state for travel.
22) No restrictions on overnight visits unless child abuse is proven.
23) DVP registry is open to the public/press.
24) Term limits for judges.
25) All civil court orders must be enforced by all law enforcement officers.
26) JIC must be able to immediately suspend judges – with pay – until a final hearing.
27) JIC must be able to prosecute judges for criminal and civil misconduct.
- West Virginia Speaker Tim Miley Won’t Talk Court Reform - March 3, 2014
- Court Officials Continue To Protect Kelly - December 22, 2013
- Replace the West Virginia Judicial Investigation Commission - December 22, 2013