The stereotype of the “deadbeat dad” needs to be challenged wherever it’s found, and nowhere is this stereotype more prevalent in America than with black men–who do not deserve it any more than any man does.
The only thing we’d probably argue (mildly) with here is the “lawyer” up advice. There are a lot of garbage lawyers out there who don’t give a damn about you, just your money. The real smart thing is what this father did: be recording.
Always Be Recording.
- #HeForShe ain’t for me - October 1, 2014
- The self-made man: Norah Vincent checking her privilege - September 30, 2014
- Roofie-detecting nail polish promotes rape culture? - September 29, 2014
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt video request: Feminism - September 26, 2014
- Saying no to the hate-cult - September 25, 2014