Despite the myths we hear about Middle Eastern women being utterly oppressed, anyone who looks at the situation experienced by many women and men in this area tells a different story. Take Zara Faris, for example:
Indeed, she makes a strong case for why women are strongly advantaged overall in her religion. The question we’d ask her is: Are men advantaged in any particular way? From what we can detect, it sounds like they aren’t, even if sensationalist Western media wants us to think differently.
Hat tip: Muslim Debate Initiative.
- Mike Buchanan on The Victoria Derbyshire Show – misogyny treated as a hate crime - September 28, 2016
- This Is Feminist Justice – TFF Episode 44 - September 23, 2016
- Jody Allard is an admitted child abuser - September 23, 2016
- You really want to know why there are fewer women CEOs? - September 22, 2016
- How many genders are there? - September 20, 2016