Despite the myths we hear about Middle Eastern women being utterly oppressed, anyone who looks at the situation experienced by many women and men in this area tells a different story. Take Zara Faris, for example:
Indeed, she makes a strong case for why women are strongly advantaged overall in her religion. The question we’d ask her is: Are men advantaged in any particular way? From what we can detect, it sounds like they aren’t, even if sensationalist Western media wants us to think differently.
Hat tip: Muslim Debate Initiative.
- Dr. Elizabeth Celi unravels the truth about female abuse of males - July 1, 2015
- Princess Rap Battles: when Princesses collide (videos) - June 30, 2015
- Cheerios: only girls are exposed to unhealthy messages about their bodies (ad) - June 30, 2015
- Cornell female professor wants bonus points for being a woman (video) - June 30, 2015
- One word: Feminism (video) - June 30, 2015