Despite the myths we hear about Middle Eastern women being utterly oppressed, anyone who looks at the situation experienced by many women and men in this area tells a different story. Take Zara Faris, for example:
Indeed, she makes a strong case for why women are strongly advantaged overall in her religion. The question we’d ask her is: Are men advantaged in any particular way? From what we can detect, it sounds like they aren’t, even if sensationalist Western media wants us to think differently.
Hat tip: Muslim Debate Initiative.
- Dr. Tanveer Ahmed at Ryerson University - October 5, 2015
- Straight eye for the queer guy II - October 4, 2015
- Straight eye for the queer guy - September 27, 2015
- Janice Fiamengo on the University of Toronto feminist campus - September 24, 2015
- Shoe0nHead: shut up, and let me tell you why you need feminism - September 24, 2015