Despite the myths we hear about Middle Eastern women being utterly oppressed, anyone who looks at the situation experienced by many women and men in this area tells a different story. Take Zara Faris, for example:
Indeed, she makes a strong case for why women are strongly advantaged overall in her religion. The question we’d ask her is: Are men advantaged in any particular way? From what we can detect, it sounds like they aren’t, even if sensationalist Western media wants us to think differently.
Hat tip: Muslim Debate Initiative.
- TEDx – Ep6 Lessons For My Poor Son - April 27, 2015
- BBC election coverage: Bigotry, bias and corruption - April 26, 2015
- Open challenge to journalist Mike Donachie: Write the truth - April 25, 2015
- Feminist Aphasia – How is sex different for men? - April 24, 2015
- Teach her not to rape - April 22, 2015