Despite the myths we hear about Middle Eastern women being utterly oppressed, anyone who looks at the situation experienced by many women and men in this area tells a different story. Take Zara Faris, for example:
Indeed, she makes a strong case for why women are strongly advantaged overall in her religion. The question we’d ask her is: Are men advantaged in any particular way? From what we can detect, it sounds like they aren’t, even if sensationalist Western media wants us to think differently.
Hat tip: Muslim Debate Initiative.
- Feminist Terminology 5: Microaggression – TFF Episode 27 - April 29, 2016
- Feminism – why you don’t need it! - April 29, 2016
- Online harassment- A female problem? #MoreThanMean - April 28, 2016
- TL;DR – Intellectual Rigour VS Pwnage - April 27, 2016
- Milo Yiannopoulos, Steven Crowder and Christina Hoff Sommers at UMass - April 26, 2016