Despite the myths we hear about Middle Eastern women being utterly oppressed, anyone who looks at the situation experienced by many women and men in this area tells a different story. Take Zara Faris, for example:
Indeed, she makes a strong case for why women are strongly advantaged overall in her religion. The question we’d ask her is: Are men advantaged in any particular way? From what we can detect, it sounds like they aren’t, even if sensationalist Western media wants us to think differently.
Hat tip: Muslim Debate Initiative.
- Steve Brule wins the internet with his #messagetofeminists - May 31, 2016
- Australian men benefit when changing sexual identity - May 31, 2016
- MRA Feminist Peg Tyre, Pulitzer Winner: a Boy’s and Men’s gendered lens - May 30, 2016
- Janice Fiamengo interviewed by Lucian Vâlsan - May 29, 2016
- Women are misogynists! - May 28, 2016