There’s something symbolic about burning a book that fits perfectly well with the mentality of our opponents. I believe the phrase is “intellectually bankrupt.”
The vast majority of our opponents don’t have arguments. Developing arguments would involve actually considering potential counter-arguments, which would in turn cause a very discomfortable next step of introspection … of questioning their own positions.
Since arguments are out of the question, our opponents instead adopt the methods of name-calling, violent threats, logical fallacies, and censorship. And you can see this played out over and over again in the articles here on free speech.
The woman below is burning an older edition of Dr. Christina Hoff-Sommers’ book The War Against Boys. You can purchase the new revised edition, which was released late last year, at Amazon here.
The woman in these pictures is the author of a Tumblr blog. Here is a screenshot of her original post. I will be adding one of these pictures to the key AVFMS page “The Face of Misandry in Academia.” Check it out if you haven’t already.
- Bahar Mustafa’s misandry: not as ironic as advertised - June 15, 2015
- Poster at UQ: this room is “a safer space for anyone who is not a cis-man.” - May 27, 2015
- The UVA rape hoax: Aftermath and lessons for us all - April 14, 2015
- Professor Judy Haiven and the silencing of men on campus - March 9, 2015
- How much does it cost a school to implement a father involvement program? You might be surprised. - February 26, 2015