There’s something symbolic about burning a book that fits perfectly well with the mentality of our opponents. I believe the phrase is “intellectually bankrupt.”
The vast majority of our opponents don’t have arguments. Developing arguments would involve actually considering potential counter-arguments, which would in turn cause a very discomfortable next step of introspection … of questioning their own positions.
Since arguments are out of the question, our opponents instead adopt the methods of name-calling, violent threats, logical fallacies, and censorship. And you can see this played out over and over again in the articles here on free speech.
The woman below is burning an older edition of Dr. Christina Hoff-Sommers’ book The War Against Boys. You can purchase the new revised edition, which was released late last year, at Amazon here.
The woman in these pictures is the author of a Tumblr blog. Here is a screenshot of her original post. I will be adding one of these pictures to the key AVFMS page “The Face of Misandry in Academia.” Check it out if you haven’t already.
- As UVA case unravels, feminists scramble with damage control - December 10, 2014
- “Criticism of teachers is misogyny!” says teacher Nikki Suydam - November 18, 2014
- The crap-cake called “Men’s Studies,” why it’s failing, and why that’s a good thing - September 24, 2014
- Slippery Rock University’s psychology department a horrible place for male teachers? - September 10, 2014
- Come to the KSUM fall conference (free tickets) - August 21, 2014