A statement to readers.
We have been contacted by a Canadian news correspondent informing us that the “Don’t Be That Guy” posters appearing at University of Ottawa are being torn down by vandals.
While the management team at AVFM finds the posters despicable, bigoted and horrifically misleading to the public about the nature of sexual assault, we are adamantly opposed to anyone tearing the posters down.
We encourage all MHRAs to leave the posters alone and to respond to them in the arena of public ideas. Their very existence is proof of the corruption that drives their creation. We do not benefit from acting as thugs and censors.
We also caution you that unlike the vandals tearing down MHRA posters, you are likely to experience retribution of some kind from authorities if caught. While we recognize this is part of a socially dysfunctional double standard, this website will disavow your actions and turn a blind eye to whatever consequences you experience.
Let free speech dictate the future understanding of sexual politics. Our message is stronger than theirs, and much more just. We have nothing to fear and everything to gain by allowing them to speak, and then responding with speech of our own.
Please. Don’t Be That Activist. PE
Need more posters?
- ‘Respectful Relationship’ poster series aims to educate boys and young men - June 9, 2015
- Happy Mother’s Day from AVFM - May 10, 2015
- Anonymous email received re: University of Nevada, Reno - February 23, 2015
- Time to help one of our own - February 2, 2015
- ’Twas the night before a feminist Christmas - December 24, 2014