We live in a society that exists in a very strange dichotomy where it concerns rape. On one hand it is a criminal offense that sometimes leaves lasting psychological damage to victims, regardless of their sex. On the other hand, for a great many women, likely even the majority, the fantasy of rape is a source of intense sexual arousal.
It is an area where the lines seem to blur and a split occurs, not in the social or legal arena, but between the mind and the body of woman being raped.
One psychotherapist, a victim of rape herself, reported that not only did she experience an orgasm during her rape, but that some of the clients also reported similar experiences.
What does this say about the human condition? Is sexual aggression hard wired into the species as a part of reproductive strategy? Is the rape “fantasy” just a deeply embedded remnant; an expression of the common sexual psyche of female humans?
It is a tough subject, but it is on for tonight on AVfM Radio. And tonight the show will be hosted by Girl Writes What and Paul Elam, teaming up together for the first time to take their shot at cracking this very tough nut.
The show starts at 8:00 PM Central Time, 9:00 PM Eastern. The call in number is 310-388-9709.
- When did you wake up? With Erin Pizzey: Karen Woodall of Family Separation Clinic - January 31, 2015
- Tales from the Infrared: It’s Alive! - October 18, 2013
- Revelations with Erin Pizzey - October 11, 2013
- Honey Badger Radio: Speshul Snowflakes - October 10, 2013
- AVFM News and Activism FTSU: Remove Principal Campbell! - October 8, 2013